IF YOUR SHIP DOESN'T COME IN, SWIM OUT TO IT. - Jonathan Winters

Monday, June 15, 2009

THE TOUR IS COMING!

One of these days I will remember to bring a camera with me and post pictures of things that are going on in my life. Things have been good, busy and good. I have been traveling to Ottawa once a month and saw not only my first ground hog, but my first 500! They are everywhere in our capital! I left a bike in my office and have been enjoying exploring all the bike paths, they are beautiful and next time I am there I will be sure to take some pictures. Anyone in Ottawa the last week of July?

We are still waiting for the warm weather to come, seems to be taking awhile this year, but I have been getting excited about a few cycling tours. The first is the Second Annual Great Waterfront Trail Adventure. I was involved in organizing this event last year and needless to say, June 2008 was crazy busy. So when the beginning of June arrived this year I started getting excited and antsy and had to figure out a way that I could take part in this years Adventure! So I'll be going to out Niagara-on-the-Lake on July 3rd for the pre-event concert and party - which is open to everyone, and then riding the first day. Best part is I will be joined by 2 girlfriends and my mom and day. It will be a great week-end! Check out details of the Adventure on their website. www.waterfronttrail.org

The second tour that I am excited about is the Tour de France, scheduled to start on the same day, July 4th. This year's Tour will be something special as anything can happen. There are big names on the same team, old favourites, and of course there is always an underdog. This year's Tour also has at least 2 Canadians starting, Michael Barry for Team Columbia and Svein (Swayne) Tuft for Garmin/Slipstream, my personal favourite team, so it will be fun to cheer them on. Levi Leipheimer posted this video on twitter and I thought it was hysterical. Hope you enjoy it too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home