I am now in Scottsdale, enjoying warmth and sun, or at least that was the plan; but the mornings have been chilly. Turns out my suitcase full of tank tops turned in to an excuse to go shopping!
As it happens, my flight landed the day before the Elton John and Billy Joel concert, imagine that! So I convinced mom to get on eBay and secure tickets as an early birthday present. I have always wanted to see Elton John live and was ecstatic to go. We started with popcorn and 22 oz of beer for dinner, and then the lights dimmed, two pianos appeared on the stage, and the stars came out - what a start!
It was a great show with all the songs I wanted them to play, and although I prefer the Elton John songs, Billy Joel was a more entertaining entertainer. The concert was so much fun!
Other than the concert and some shopping, I've had a pretty lazy week. I've gotten some ridding in and I'm finally starting to feel stronger. Hawaii knocked me on my ass, I hadn't done the work leading up to that trip to do the hills and distance that I did and it has taken me a few weeks to feel "normal" again; but think I'm on a good track.
Darin and his parents arrive tomorrow, so we'll start doing more exciting activities. I'll keep you posted.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home