IF YOUR SHIP DOESN'T COME IN, SWIM OUT TO IT. - Jonathan Winters

Monday, January 08, 2007

OSCAR SHOE IN


I was flipping through the channels during my "lunch break" today and came across the movie Legends of the Fall. The scenery is stunning in this movie and made me crave a hike in my native Rockies, but it also got me to thinking about other movies that have been filmed in Kananaskis Country. Off the top of my head I came up with Dances with Wolves, Unforgiven, and most recently Broke Back Mountain - all of which show amazing panoramas AND have won Academy Awards. Since I couldn't think of any other movies that show off the Rocky Mountains I came to the conclusion that if you make a movie that showcases the stunning beauty of Calgary's backyard, you are guaranteed an Oscar! Just a hint for all you filmmakers.

If you can think of other movies that have been shot in Kananaskis/Bragg Creek/Canmore/Banff, let me know. Also, if you have pictures of the mountains please forward them on, they help remind me of home. The picture here is from www.larry-bolch.com and is in Kananaskis.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Petrina, I have a great picture of Kakwa - I will send it to you.

Love,
Marlene

4:09 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You forgot Shanghai Noon!
Mmmmm. Lucy!

10:43 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home