NIAGARA
What a great week! I may have a ton of work to do, and may be working on Sunday, but spent last Thursday in Niagara. Justin has initiated the Bike Train which will be having its inaugural run on the week-end of July 21. Basically, it will be a Via train that runs between Toronto and Niagara and has a luggage car with bike racks, so you can travel to and from Niagara by bike. Since I work for the Waterfront Trail, a signed route from Niagara to Quebec, I am hoping that most people take the train one way and ride the other, and it sounds like that is what many are doing.
In any case, Justin wanted to ride some of the suggested bike routes in Niagara and I tagged along for the opportunity to ride in the area and explore more of the Waterfront Trail since it starts in Niagara-on-the-Lake. We had a beautiful day and what a great place to ride, I definitely recommend the trip to everyone, no matter how often you ride a bike. Niagara-on-the-Lake is such a charming town, I just love it, and it has lots of wineries within riding distance; but we didn't have the chance to stop in for tastings. The picture is of Justin riding the Waterfront Trail near Butler's Barracks, about 2km from the official start of the trail. Check out www.waterfrontrail.org and www.biketrain.ca.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home