IF YOUR SHIP DOESN'T COME IN, SWIM OUT TO IT. - Jonathan Winters

Sunday, January 08, 2006

GRAND CANYON


Hiking into the Grand Canyon
Originally uploaded by petrinat.
Darin and I were very lucky to be treated to a trip to the Grand Canyon by my parents as our Christmas present, so at the end of October we found ourselves on the trail to the Native Village of Havasupai. I'd been to the South Rim before, but have to say that if you have the chance you should visit Havasupai. There is lush hiking, stream crossings, water falls to swim in and rock climb and jump off of. We spent the first day hiking in, not as hard, or vertical as I thought it would be. The second day we went on a long hike that included a tricky descent down a waterfall that I am very proud of my Mom for conquering, and a jump off a waterfall that I have always wanted to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home